The division is responsible for leading the Secretariat’s strategic planning and management to ensure the National Assembly fulfills its vision and mission. It manages the day-to-day general administrative and financial services. Like other divisions it provides professional advice and support services to the National Assembly members, committees and Secretary General. It also shoulders other responsibilities when required to. There are three sections under the division with specific responsibilities.
Administrative Support Section
- Day-to-day administration of the Secretariat (maintaining administrative discipline, rules and regulations and organizing monthly coordination meetings.
- Arranging catering services during the National Assembly sessions.
- Responsible for maintenance and operations of vehicles.
Human Resource Section
- Human resource development for the Secretariat including HR policies.
- Developing and implementing career and employee development programs.
- Implementing policies and procedures on recruitment, selection, placement and other personal actions affecting movement of staff.
- Take care of employees’ compensation and benefits issues and maintain personal records.
- Formulate and implement HRD Master Plan as per the approved Annual Review Plan.
- Undertake performance appraisal and evaluation of employees in collaboration with other divisions and sections.
- Undertake assessment of human resource needs by skills and training needs assessment of the employees at the Secretariat.
- Take care of matters concerning attendance, discipline, leave of absence, appointment, promotion, transfer and other personal movements.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing and improving programs, systems and procedure related to financial matters at the Secretariat.