The Research and Hansard Division of the National Assembly Secretariat takes care of research and documentation (Hansard) functions of the Secretariat. It involves rendering professional advice and research support services to the Speaker, National Assembly members, standing committees and the Secretary General. The division also undertakes other duties the Secretary General may assign.
The division has three sections with specific job responsibilities.
- Preparing and finalizing agenda
- Conducting field and desk research for members
- Editing and proofreading research papers
- Publishing, printing and distributing publications and reference materials
- Presenting research findings to the members and secretariat staff and to the media where necessary and appropriate
- Drafting important Dzongkha speeches and correspondences
- Transcribing debates (verbatim)
- Drafting and editing resolutions and minutes
- Ensuring efficient registration system, distribution and monitoring of all legislative measures.
- Preparing NA sessions’ daily journal of proceedings for raw transcript of stenographic notes and camera-ready laser print outs of the records
- Translating agenda items, daily notice and order papers, minutes and resolutions – Dzongkha to English and vice versa
- Translating newspapers, research papers, journals and brochures
- Translating Royal Commands, important speeches and other related documents
- Translating statutes, Bills, Acts, and procedural rules related to Parliamentary functions