223. Except as otherwise specifically provided in these procedure, the procedure in regard to Appropriation Bill and Supplementary Appropriation Bill shall be the same as the Bills generally with such modifications as the Speaker may consider necessary.
224. The budget, Appropriation Bill and Supplementary Appropriation Bill shall not be referred to any committee.
225. Budget Bills shall be passed in the same session of Parliament.
226. The annual budget with report on the budget of the previous fiscal year shall be presented to the National Assembly by the Finance Minister.
227. There shall be no discussion of the Budget on the day on which it is presented to the House.
228. Adequate time shall be allotted for the House to deliberate and discuss on Annual Budget.
229. On the day appointed by the Speaker for the discussion of the budget, in consultation with the Prime Minister and for such times as the Speaker may allot for this purpose, the House shall be at liberty to discuss the budget as a whole or any principles of Government policy and administration as indicated in and by the budget.
230. The Finance Minister shall have a general right of reply at the end of the discussion.
Find out who's the MP(s) for a constituency.
Read press releases, watch live & archived video..
Keep up to date with what's happening at the Assembly.
Call the Information Service on tel.